The Product Safety and Metrology etc. (Amendment) (Northern Ireland) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020
Jurisdiction: Northern Ireland
Commencement: 31st December 2020
- The Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016 (SI 2016/1091)
- The Simple Pressure Vessels (Safety) Regulations 2016 (SI 2016/1092), as amended
- The Lifts Regulations 2016 (SI 2016/1093)
- The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 (SI 2016/1101), as amended
- The Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 (SI 2016/1105), as amended
- The Personal Protective Equipment (Enforcement) Regulations 2018 (SI 2018/390)
- The Gas Appliances (Enforcement) and Miscellaneous Amendments Regulations 2018 (SI 2018/389)
Applies to all of the above legislation
These Amendment Regulations make various minor technical changes to the principal Regulations insofar as they apply to Northern Ireland (the amendments are not applicable in Great Britain). The Amendments are designed to ensure that Northern Ireland continues to implement EU rules, as agreed in the Northern Ireland Protocol which was part of the EU Withdrawal Agreement. Various references and terminology in the principal Regulations are therefore amended to reflect that Northern Ireland (but not the rest of the UK) continues to apply EU rules.
The Legislation Update Service is the best way to stay up to date automatically with legislation in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Sign up for your free trial to get instant access.
These summaries (The Compliance People Materials) are provided free of charge as an example of the Legislation Update Service’s content. They are not intended to constitute legal advice for any specific situation. The Compliance People Materials are general and educational in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and circumstances of individual cases. The Compliance People does not accept any responsibility for action taken by you or any User as a result of any The Compliance People Materials provided by us. You should take specific legal advice when dealing with specific situations.