BS 7671:2018 – Requirements for Electrical Installations, IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
Published: June 2018
Revokes: BS 7671: 2008 – Requirements for Electrical Installations – Wiring Regulations Seventeenth Edition
BS 7671:2018 IET Wiring Regulations (18th Edition) sets out the standard for electrical installation in the UK and replaces the 2008 version (17th Edition).
It sets out regulations which apply to the design, erection and verification of electrical installations, and to additions and alterations to existing installations.
Following the guidance in BS 7671 is likely to ensure that electrical installations meet the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
The requirements in this standard come into effect on 1st January 2019. Installations designed after 31st December 2018 will have to comply with BS 7671:2018
A number of changes have been made to the standard which relate to:
- Protection against electric shock;
- Protection against thermal effects;
- Protection against voltage disturbance and electromagnetic disturbances;
- Selection and erection of wiring systems; and
- Complete revision of Chapter 35 – Protection, isolation, switching, control and monitoring.
Purchase the full text from BSI here