We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an experienced Environment Consultant to join our EHS consultancy team at The Compliance People.
The main focus of this role is to support our enviable list of private and public sector clients to comply with their legal and management system requirements, as well as developing and expanding our training programme. In doing this, your week could include a combination of the following activities:
- Developing and delivering a training course, workshop or webinar.
- Carrying out an environment legal compliance audit at a client site.
- Supporting a client to implement or maintain an environmental management system.
- Developing tenders or proposals to win work.
- Supporting and mentoring trainee consultants.
If you’d like to apply, please submit a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for the role and why you’d like to work for us. CVs sent without a covering letter will not be considered.
This post is predominantly home-based, with some time required in our head office in Blackburn, Lancashire, so you will need to live within commuting distance or plan to relocate. You should also expect regular travel and overnight stays throughout the UK and Ireland.
What we are looking for in a candidate
- Practical experience of environment legislation and / or management systems (e.g. ISO 14001), spanning a range of business sectors.
- Experience of working in the field of environmental consultancy services.
- Experience of researching, summarising and presenting findings in writing and verbally.
- Experience of identifying and reporting on environmental issues within a range of business sectors and making recommendations to address those issues.
- Experience of developing and delivering training in different formats.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines and working to / achieving performance targets.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications and working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 14001.
- Ability to practically apply knowledge of environment legislation in a business setting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain relevant and often complex issues to a range of audiences.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to mentor and support junior members of staff.
Education and qualifications
- Demonstrable commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) (essential).
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle with insurance for business use to undertake travel to client sites (essential).
- Study of an appropriate subject at degree level (desirable).
- Relevant professional environmental qualifications (e.g. NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate) (desirable).
- Appropriate level of membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. Practitioner membership of IEMA) (desirable).
- Internal auditor qualification (desirable).
- Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) status or working towards this (desirable).
You will also need to have a flexible approach to working hours to meet work demands/priorities.
What you get in return
Our highly experienced multi-disciplinary team will support you as you further develop your knowledge and skills. We will also provide structured training and opportunities to support your career aspirations.
We pride ourselves on having a family-friendly, flexible working environment. We recognise that work is one part of our lives and making time for the other things is important – be that our families, friends, or ourselves. Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of other benefits to support work/life balance, including:
- a 37 hour flexible working week;
- pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution;
- 27 days annual leave (with an additional 1 day per year up to 5 days) in addition to bank holidays;
- 3 volunteer days;
- working from home and the office;
- paid professional membership subscriptions;
- car allowance;
- health cover;
- cycle to work scheme; and
- car lease scheme.
Working for The Compliance People is unlike working for any other consultancy or compliance service. Through our social enterprise model, we deliver professional environment, health, safety and quality compliance in a competitive market. However, instead of our profits going to shareholders, they are gift-aided to our charity ‘Newground Together’, in support of environment, social and community projects.
Download the full job description and person spec here.
Please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role to [email protected]. CVs sent without a covering letter will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000 to £55,500 (dependent on experience)