The Plant Health (Fees) (Forestry) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2021
Jurisdiction: England, Scotland
Commencement: 15th July 2021
Amends: The Plant Health (Fees) (Forestry) (England and Scotland) Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/350)
The Plant Health (Fees) (Forestry) (England and Scotland) Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/350) revoke and replace The Plant Health (Fees) (Forestry) Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/2697) (as amended) in relation to England and Wales.
The Regulations implement fees that will be charged for:
- Inspections relating to authorisations to issue plant passports under the Plant Health (Forestry) Order 2005. See Schedule 1.
- Applications and inspections relating to licences under that Order. See Schedule 2.
- Plant health checks (physical inspections) on certain wood, wood products and bark imported from third countries (“controlled consignments”). See Schedule 3 and Regulation 3(5).
- Documentary checks and identity checks on controlled consignments. See Schedule 4.
- Conducting or monitoring remedial work on controlled consignments. See Schedule 5.
Schedule 3A in the 2006 Regulations (inserted by the 2008 amendment) set out reduced frequency of inspection fees for plant health checks of Canadian maple wood. This reduced frequency of inspections no longer applies and such consignments are no longer eligible for reduced rate fees. All other fees remain the same as they were in the now revoked The Plant Health (Fees) (Forestry) Regulations 2006 (SI 2006/2697) as amended.
The Legislation Update Service is the best way to stay up to date automatically with legislation in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Sign up for your free trial to get instant access.
These summaries (The Compliance People Materials) are provided free of charge as an example of the Legislation Update Service’s content. They are not intended to constitute legal advice for any specific situation. The Compliance People Materials are general and educational in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and circumstances of individual cases. The Compliance People does not accept any responsibility for action taken by you or any User as a result of any The Compliance People Materials provided by us. You should take specific legal advice when dealing with specific situations.