The Pesticides (Amendment) Regulations 2019 (2019/1290)
Commencement: 31st October 2019
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986
- The Water Environment (Water Framework Directive) (Solway Tweed River Basin District) Regulations 2004
- The Plant Protection Products Regulations 2011
- The Plant Protection Products (Fees and Charges) Regulations 2011
- The Plant Protection Products (Sustainable Use) Regulations 2012
- The Water Environment (Water Framework Directive) (England and Wales) Regulations 2017
The Pesticides (Amendment) Regulations 2019 amend references to primary and secondary legislation to Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market
References to Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 (the PPP Regulation) are updated to reflect that the most updated amendment to the PPP Regulation is Regulation (EU) 2019/1009. These amendments are solely administrative.
These changes are necessary due to the amendments made to Regulation 2019/1009, which adds to the definition of plant biostimulant and includes new transitional measures for applications for active substances, submitted before 15th July 2019.
These summaries (The Compliance People Materials) are provided free of charge as an example of the Legislation Update Service’s content. They are not intended to constitute legal advice for any specific situation. The Compliance People Materials are general and educational in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and circumstances of individual cases. The Compliance People does not accept any responsibility for action taken by you or any User as a result of any The Compliance People Materials provided by us. You should take specific legal advice when dealing with specific situations.