The Official Controls (Extension of Transitional Periods) (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2022
Jurisdiction: Great Britain
Commencement: 31st December 2022
- The Noise Emission in the Environment by Equipment for Use Outdoors Regulations 2001
- The Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008
- The Ecodesign for Energy-Related Products Regulations 2010
- The Explosives Regulations 2014
- The Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016
- The Simple Pressure Vessels (Safety) Regulations 2016
- The Lifts Regulations 2016
- The Pressure Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016
- The Equipment and Protective Systems Intended for Use in Potentially Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2016
- GB Retained: Regulation (EU) 2016/425 on personal protective equipment and repealing Council Directive 89/686/EEC
- GB Retained: Regulation (EU) 2016/426 on appliances burning gaseous fuels and repealing Directive 2009/142/ECBACK
- The Aerosol Dispensers Regulations 2009
- The Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012
- The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016
- The Gas Appliances (Enforcement) and Miscellaneous Amendments Regulations 2018
- The Personal Protective Equipment (Enforcement) Regulations 2018
Manufacturers of certain products placed on the market before 31st December 2024 do not require a Great Britain conformity assessment if the product has a valid EU conformity assessment certificate. A series of transitional measures are also made.
CE marking will continue to be accepted on the market in Great Britain in most cases until 31st December 2024. Manufacturers of products placed on the market before 31st December 2024 do not require a Great Britain conformity assessment certificate if the product has a valid EU conformity assessment certificate. This transitional measure ceases to have effect following the expiry of the EU conformity assessment certificate or on 31st December 2027.
Economic operators that have fulfilled certain EU obligations, in accordance with regulation 2A of the 2018 Regulations, are considered to have complied with GB obligations. This transitional measure will expire on 31st December 2024.
A series of further transitional provisions are also made, which vary slightly amongst the 16 pieces amended.
These summaries (The Compliance People Materials) are provided free of charge as an example of the Legislation Update Service’s content. They are not intended to constitute legal advice for any specific situation. The Compliance People Materials are general and educational in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and circumstances of individual cases. The Compliance People does not accept any responsibility for action taken by you or any User as a result of any The Compliance People Materials provided by us. You should take specific legal advice when dealing with specific situations.