The Environment Act 2021 (Commencement No. 3) Regulations 2022
Commencement: 10th May 2022
Amends: The Environment Act 2021
The Environment Act 2021 aims to improve air and water quality, tackle waste, improve biodiversity and make other environmental improvements.
The following sections of the Environment Act 2021 come into force on 10th May 2022.
- Section 17 (Policy statement on environmental principles).
- Section 18 (Policy statement on environmental principles: process).
- Section 19 (5) and (6) (Policy statement on environmental principles: effect).
- Section 20 (Statements about Bills containing new environmental law).
- Section 85 (Authority’s power to require information), which is applicable to undertakers and licensees in England.
- Section 87 (Electronic service of documents), which is applicable to undertakers and licensees in England.
Additionally, the following provisions of the Environment Act 2021 come into force on 30th September 2022.
- Section 109 (Species conservation strategies).
- Section 111 (Wildlife conservation: licences).
- Section 116 (Use of forest risk commodities in commercial activity).
- Schedule 17 (Use of forest risk commodities in commercial activity). [June 2022]
The Legislation Update Service is the best way to stay up to date automatically with legislation in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Sign up for your free trial to get instant access.
These summaries (The Compliance People Materials) are provided free of charge as an example of the Legislation Update Service’s content. They are not intended to constitute legal advice for any specific situation. The Compliance People Materials are general and educational in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and circumstances of individual cases. The Compliance People does not accept any responsibility for action taken by you or any User as a result of any The Compliance People Materials provided by us. You should take specific legal advice when dealing with specific situations.