Planning and Development Act 2000 (Section 181) Regulations 2020
Jurisdiction: Republic of Ireland
Commencement: 31st March 2020
Amends: Planning and Development Act 2000
In order to relieve regulatory restrictions that could hinder the response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000 will not apply to the following classes of development where they are carried out by or on behalf of a State authority:
- Acute and other health and social care accommodation.
- Self-isolation or other COVID-19 related short stay accommodation.
- COVID-19 and other step down accommodation (i.e. accommodation used for people discharged from hospital that still require care).
- Medical testing centre or laboratory.
- Emergency management coordination facilities.
- Mortuary facilities.
- Ancillary and other accommodation, including storage facilities.
- Ancillary infrastructure and other works to support the above development.
These classes of development mean that buildings in those classes can have a change of use, be repurposed, and new temporary new-build accommodation can be constructed to respond to the COVID-19 situation.
This will apply between 31st March 2020 and until 9th November 2020, unless otherwise amended.
The Legislation Update Service is the best way to stay up to date automatically with legislation in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Sign up for your free trial to get instant access.
These summaries (The Compliance People Materials) are provided free of charge as an example of the Legislation Update Service’s content. They are not intended to constitute legal advice for any specific situation. The Compliance People Materials are general and educational in nature and may not apply to the specific facts and circumstances of individual cases. The Compliance People does not accept any responsibility for action taken by you or any User as a result of any The Compliance People Materials provided by us. You should take specific legal advice when dealing with specific situations.