Expansion Account Manager
Starting at £25.8k OTE £32k
Are you an experienced account manager who loves to build relationships? Do you want to work for a market-leading consultancy working with some of the biggest companies in the UK?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join our team. You must be a highly driven self-starter with experience in managing a high number of accounts. As a new role within the team, you will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the customer expansion program to improve customer lifetime value, reduce churn and increase annual renewal revenue.
Working for The Compliance People is unlike working for any other SaaS or consultancy service. Through our social enterprise model, we deliver professional environment, health & safety and quality compliance services. However, instead of our profits going to shareholders, they’re gift-aided into our charity, Newground Together, to support environmental, social and community projects.
The primary activities of the role are to:
- Build trust and confidence with customers to develop strong relationships with senior management and decision-makers, ensuring we’re working with the entire organisation.
- Meet targets for consultancy sales with a deep understanding of how our services meet customer needs.
- Meet expansion revenue targets and manage and understand ROI in relation to individual accounts.
- Proactively seek referral opportunities within an organisation to maximise acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Have a strong understanding of customers’ compliance needs and articulate how the product meets them, identifying potential expansion revenue opportunities.
This role will be a mix of office and remote (at home) working.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience working in a target driven environment and a proven track record of exceeding them.
- Have experience working in an account manager role and/or B2B Sales.
- Have great interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Enjoy learning about new technology and processes.
- Can keep calm whilst organising and prioritising multiple jobs.
- Experience in selling into large enterprise business.
- Have an eagerness to learn about the compliance team’s products and services and their capabilities.
What you get in return
Our highly experienced multi-disciplinary team will support you as you develop and grow in your role. We also provide structured training and career development opportunities.
We pride ourselves on having a family-friendly, flexible working environment. We recognise that work is one part of our lives and making time for the other things is essential – be that our families, our friends, or ourselves. Along with a competitive salary and generous commission structure, we offer a range of other benefits to support work/life balance, including:
- A 37-hour flexible working week, split between remote and office working.
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years’ service) + bank holidays.
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family-friendly policies.
- A huge range of personal development opportunities.
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefit.
- Other employee benefits including cycle to work schemes.
About The Compliance People
The Compliance People is a highly regarded environment, health & safety and quality consultancy business with over 25 years’ experience. Our premier product is the Legislation Update Service (LUS), an innovative online system providing organisations in the UK and Republic of Ireland with bespoke legal registers for environment, health & safety. The team is made up of legal compliance and management systems specialists, together with dedicated sales and product development functions. We are committed to delivering professional, high-quality services in an honest and approachable way.
We are proud to be part of Newground CIC, an award-winning not-for-profit social enterprise. All profits are gift-aided to our charity, Newground Together, to support environmental and community projects across the North of England.
How to apply
Please ensure you download a copy of the Job Description & Person Specification and ensure your CV matches the requirements of the role.
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s sent without a covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 7 May.